Sunday, April 20, 2008

AAAH

Ms. Bates,
I think one of the problems that I'm having is trying to incorporate my secondary findings with the pattern that I found in TBS. I want to argue that all slave narratives must be taken with a grain of salt and explain why. At the same time I want to argue that the personal experience of a person cannot be undermined even if it can't be proven. BUT, the pattern that I found in TBS was slave narratives that were not the usual textbook version and I can't really figure out how to incorporate that into everything else. Do I need for everthing to fall under an argument for the pattern that I found, or can my pattern be a sub-argument?

1 comment:

Ms Bates said...

Sub-arguments should help you explore and support the main claim.

Let's talk more in person, because the pattern you had in your earlier work (the surprising narrative) may fit better than you think within the secondary source framework.