Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Revision aka Pain

Ms. Bates,

Okay, so you told me to find other stories that people would find as ordinary and incorporate them, but I don't know what they are for. My current argument is that they further reiterate the fact that Lester encompasses many different types of narratives, but then that creates a structural problem because anywhere I think to put them stops the flow of my paper. I know I need to refocus a little, but when I bring Lester's stories in sooner, I end up cutting off the issues that my secondary sources bring up and I can't figure out where to slip them back in. Can I come by right after class today?

1 comment:

Ms Bates said...

Myths & realities of American slavery : the true history of slavery in America / by John C. Perry.

Olin Level 3 Stacks E441 .P46 2002

Dictionary of Afro-American slavery / edited by Randall M. Miller and John David Smith

Olin Level 3 Stacks E441 D53 1988

Slavery, resistance, freedom / edited by Gabor Boritt and Scott Hancock ; essays by Ira Berlin ... [et al.].
Olin Level 3 Stacks E441 .S644 2007